Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-users]

On 2003.03.03 09:23 henning_sprang@gmx.de wrote:

> I have the requirement to send about 500 faxes at nearly the same
> time,
> without a real big delay between the first and the last one, let's
> say, they
> should all be sent in 15-30 Minutes.

You can roughly guess that a single-page fax will take slightly less
than one minute to initialize, call, and transmit.  Therefore, you'll
need 500 fax minutes to send 500 single-page faxes.  In order to
squeeze 500 fax minutes into 15-30 real-time minutes, you're going to
need between 16 to 34 independent "modems" and lines.

You obviously can't acheive this on one system with single-line analog
modems.  If you wanted to use analog lines, then you'd have to use a
few multiport cards (Comtrol RocketModem, Digi Acceleport RAS,
MultiTech ISI, Equinox MultiModem, etc.).  However, you may be better
off with something digital (like Eicon Diva Server or BrookTrout cards)
if you can use digital lines.

Lee.