[hylafax-users] sendfax conversion to .g3 fax

Dear ALL

I'm facing one typical problem with hylafax which I narrate as
follows...

I've installed hylafax ver 4.1.5 on RedHat linux 7.3(Valhalla)
kernel 2.4
I had absolutely no problems in installing any modules in the
installation process

Now when I run  sendfax client from linux server  as follows..

sendfax 22667639  /etc/hosts1 , I get the following

Trying fax device '/dev/ttyS0'... OK.
Dialing 22667639... OK.
sending '/etc/test1'...
WARNING: are you sure that this is a G3 fax file? Doesn't seem to
be...
ERROR: RTN: page bad - retrain requested
sending page again (retry 1)
sending '/etc/test1'...
WARNING: are you sure that this is a G3 fax file? Doesn't seem to
be...
ERROR: RTN: page bad - retrain requested
sending page again (retry 2)
sending '/etc/test1'...
WARNING: are you sure that this is a G3 fax file? Doesn't seem to
be...
ERROR: RTN: page bad - retrain requested
WARNING: maximum number of retries reached, going on

As I  see , the problem basically lies in the .g3 fax conversion
by the server. Is it so??Am I right??

I was trying to go thro the web to get a idea as to what could be
the reason for this as the server is supposed to convert any
document to .g3 format, But I could not get a good solution for
the same

For your information.  I've the following version of ghostscript

GNU Ghostscript 6.52 (2001-10-20)
Copyright (C) 2001 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights
reserved.

Could anyone let me know what could be missing above.??

What else could be the problem and what should I do to arrive at a
solution??

I'm stuck just because of this .

Expecting a reply

Snehal

I'M NOT A REGISTERED USER FOR THE MAILING LIST AND IS IN THE
PROCESS OF
REGISTERING FOR THE SAME