Re: [hylafax-users] I'm still having notification problems with hylafax 4.

> Can anyone tell me how to get an e-mail notification to sender as soon as the
> fax has gone ?
> I tried both hyla.conf and .hylarc but without any result. (in which
> directory shoulfd be placed hyla.conf ?)
> The format was the following for both the files:
> Notify: done
> It seems to be correct from the docs.

This is most likely a problem with the mail setup on your system.  The key
is to look a the various log files.  The first log file to examine is the
fax log, in /var/spool/hylafax/log.  You should be able to find the
email address:

Feb 25 09:04:31.01: [ 9386]: SEND FAX (00000211): FROM glenn@aoi-industries.com

I use these settings for generating log traces:

ServerTracing:          0x211
SessionTracing:         0x823b

The next log to check is your mail log, to see where the message has been
sent, or if there were errors.

Finally, you can instrument the 'notify' script in

/var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify

to find out what's happening.  Use the 'logger' shell command to create
log file entries when the script is executed (poor man's printf for scripts
run by daemons).

For my mail setup to work, given our general network setup, I need
to put

MailAddr: glenn@aoi-industries.com

in ~/.hylarc

Good Luck!