[hylafax-users] Legitimate reasons for sending my own ID back as sender

I've been running HylaFAX about a week now, and I've noticed a couple of
"spam faxes" that have come in returned my own FAX ID string back to me
as their sender ID.

Is this common?  Does any legitimate fax software do this?  I'm thinking
I should automatically reject any incoming faxes that purport to be from
myself.

- Ron