[hylafax-users] Sambafax and e-mail routing

Hello, and thanks in advance for your help.  I've been working for the
last couple of days on hylafax with little success.  We have a standard
installation of hylafax on a RedHat 8.0 machine that runs samba and
shares one printer, the hylafax fax printer which simply parses the
sambafax script.

So far, I'm very pleased with hylafax.  sendfax works wonderfully for
sending faxes from the commandline; there are no problems with hfaxd or
faxgetty.  The one problem I am having related to sambafax.  When
printing from a workgroup computer, I was never able to send a fax
through sambafax.  No e-mails were returned to me, and nothing was ever
placed in the logs acknowledging the fax was ever sent.  No new file was
placed in /var/spool/hylafax/log.  I was finally able to send out fax
jobs when I modified the sendfax line in samba fax as below.

Initial line:
   ${SENDFAX} -n -D -f ${MailTo} -d ${FAXNUM} ${FAXFILE}

Modified line:
   ${SENDFAX} -n -D -f root -d ${FAXNUM} ${FAXFILE}

Once this change was made, faxes send fine, and root receives the fax
notification.  This leads me to believe that sambafax isn't properly
parsing the username in the following lines.

<snip>
if [ "$Username" = "nobody" ];
   then
    MailTo="postmaster"
   else
    MailTo=${Username}
fi
</snip>

Our intent is to sell hylafax server to clients wishing a cost-effective
fax server for their small business.  Not every worker has an e-mail
address, and indeed, some of them may not have a single member of
personel who has an e-mail address.  This is problematic at best.  I
suppose I could offer each client one free e-mail address on a domain we
own and send each fax to that address.  Then they could check it
whenever they needed.  A much cleaner solution IMO would be to send all
e-mails to a printer instead of to a mail spool.

Does anyone know how this is possible?  What can I do to make sendfax
send notifications to a network or local printer?  So far google serches
have turned up nothing, and the HOWTO and FAQ don't mention anything
like this that I can find.  There is plenty of information on sending
received faxes to network printers, but nothing on notifications.

For what it is worth, these will predominately be send-only faxes, so
I've set the number of rings before faxgetty picks up to 0 per the FAQ.

It just now hit me that I run majordomo on a mailserver, and that it's
configuration pipes e-mails to certain addresses through a cgi-bin.  Is
it possible to specifiy that all notifications go to a certain user and
have all e-mails to that user pipe to a network printer in the
/etc/aliases file?

I've enclosed my /etc/printcap.  Please inform me if there are any other
files I need to include and I will return that information ASAP.  Thank
you.