[hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready

Just in the last few weeks, the system has been getting stuck with
faxstat reporting 'waiting for modem to come ready' using an internal
USR sportser, the system has been running great for quite some time.

System: RedHat 7.1 (fully patched)
Hylafax-4.1-1rh7

It appears to happen after a fax is sent.  This is a new problem as we
had been sending out faxes without problem for some time.

The following is end of a session log for a send which I know left the
modem in the bad state.
Which doesn't look any different from ones that I think didn't

Feb 17 15:23:48.32: [31332]: <-- [5:ATH0\r]
Feb 17 15:23:48.66: [31332]: --> [2:OK]
Feb 17 15:23:48.66: [31332]: MODEM set DTR OFF
Feb 17 15:23:48.66: [31332]: STATE CHANGE: SENDING -> MODEMWAIT (timeout
5)
Feb 17 15:23:48.66: [31332]: SESSION END

If I manually reset the modem
Echo "+++ATZ" > /dev/ttyS1
It goes to listening to rings from modem, and then to Running and Idle.

I've thought about just checking the status, and if its waiting, then
reset using cron.  But I would rather have it fixed than use a work
around.

Thanks,
Mike