Re: [hylafax-users] OCR

--- Brian Johnson <bjohnson@jecinc.on.ca> wrote:
> How do you tell what incoming fax goes to what local
> user?
>
> I think you would need to map the caller-id of the
> sender to the user.  It might be
> difficult to rely upon since senders numbers
> occasionally change and new senders
> would have to go to a default address until they are
> added to your mapping list
>
> Instead of setting up separate spooling directories,
> what about just emailing the
> recieved info to the local user?  I think would be
> easier to set up and then data
> comes to user instead of user having to go check to
> see if anything is there
>

> Roshan Khiani (roshan@snyl.co.id) wrote*:
> >
> >This is what i got
> >1) 1 Analog Phone line with PSTN Connection
> >2) 1 External modem Connected to the HylaFAx Server
> for sending and
> >recieving Fax
> >3) 10 user who need to use this fax server
> >4) I am using Cypheus as the client for windows
> >
> >My goal is each user can have their own spool
> directory and incoming fax
> >goes to their respective inbox in the client
> according to the user id
> >
> >is this possible???

You only have two ways: ISDN or a multimodem card.
ISDN is more cheaper than a multimodem card, but you
maybe find one cheap in the online auctions. With ISDN
you can forward incomming fax by the number that the
remote dialed. With multimodem card you deliver the
fax by device, i e, line one used, user one receive
the fax.