Re: [hylafax-users] Again: No notification email when receiving fax

I wrote:

 > I have posted this question before, but I still do not have an answer.
 >
 > I've made some new servers with Suse 8.1, hylafax 4.1.3-91 and AVM
 > Fritz!card DSL (an DSL/ISDN combo-card).
 >
 > Sending and receiving of faxes works great, but the faxmaster does not
 > get an email when a new fax comes in...
 >
 > I am using Postfix as MTA and it works fine. But I do not see anything
 > from Hylafax in /var/log/mail when I receive a fax.
 >
 > Any ideas what I can do to find-out what's wrong?

I've found out what's wrong. The script /var/spool/fax/bin/faxrcvd does
not work correct with the program "c2faxrecv" what comes with the
Fritz!card and what replaces Faxgetty. Faxrcvd expects more and other
command-line arguments as c2faxrecv is sending.

I've replaced the faxrcvd script with an older one (from Hylafax 4.1),
and now I get an email when a new fax arrives ;-)

But the link in the email is still not OK, because the variabele $FILE
gives the complete path, so the url says something like:
http://server:4559//var/spool/fax/recvq/fax00010.tif
and this is correct:
http://server:4559/recvq/fax00010.tif
I still have to fix that.

Maybe it would be a good option to make future versions of faxrcvd
compatibele with c2faxrecv.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.