Re: [hylafax-users] USR + Distinctive Ring is answering internal DATA calls -- why?

I've done some further experimentation and no
surprise, Lee appears to be entirely correct.

It doesn't matter what settings I use, from looking at
the trace in the syslog, the modem creates bogus
"RING" messages when it sees the data activity on the
line and faxgetty is tricked into picking up the line.

As a workaround, I've created an alias to faxlock so
that our shipping guys can do a faxlock on the modem
when they are dialing out.  faxlock by default waits
30 seconds before initializing the modem again and so
we'll get our transmission out in that gap.

Any recommendations on a good external modem that'll
play nice with our other equipment and can detect
distinctive ring correctly?

Anyone want to buy a brand new USR V.92 modem, cheap?
LOL

Thanks for the help, I probably would have beat my
head bloody over this without your response...  as it
is, I've given up after wasting too much time.  Much
appreciated.

-- Bob