Re: [hylafax-users] Bulk Faxing Like Tobit?

Hi Noel,

Our company set up something very similar to what you want using sambafax.
We had to set up a fax system that would interpret "GoldFax" header
information because the program producing the faxes only support GoldFax.
Each file had a header with the fax information (like the sender name, the
recipient, and the fax number to send to). What we did was use sambafax as a
base and modified the code to recognise these GoldFax commands. The fax job
was printed to a samba printer shared from our fax server. When the fax gets
to the fax server you can modify the sambafax perl scripts to look at each
submitted file and pull out the fax number (and any other information like
the name of the sender, the name of the receiver, etc). The fax is then
passed on to sendfax with the parameters out of the file passed as
parameters to sendfax.

The only problem is going to be getting the fax number out of the data file
if you're sending a word file. My understanding is that when a MS Word file
is printed to a postscript driver, Word converts the print image to a raster
image and embeds it in the postscript source. If the postscript file
contains the phone number enclosed in the "@@" then it shouldn't be too hard
from there.

Regards,

Adam Fox.