[hylafax-users] Very simple PyQt based faxviewer

Hi HylaFax-Family,

for all those interested in fax viewing technologies, I've just
uploaded a very simple faxviewer to sourceforge.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/qfaxreader/pqfaxview-0.1.1.tar.gz?download

Merely as a proof of concept, but none the less it's fully functional.
It is based on a sip-wrapped c++ Qt tiffhandler class, stolen from
qfaxreader (where I contributed the smooth scaling option now in CVS)
with all GUI stuff done in python with PyQt.

Some of you will remember me announcing a wxPython based viewer solution,
but during its development, I switched to the far superior PyQt
development environment: http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/

This project tries to prove this claim.

It has a couple of dependencies, though. In order to build this package,
make sure, that python, qt3, c++, tifflib, sip, and PyQt and related
devel packages are installed properly. SuSE 8.* users should find
all needed packages in the distribution, although I've tested it only
with my more current packages, provided here for SuSE 8.1:
http://lisa-gmbh.de/download.html#PyQt-snapshots.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

If you're more interested in qfaxreader, watch this space in a couple
of days. A new version will appear, featuring a contextmenu with access
to a Fax-ID database and delete option, and with smooth scaling, of cause.

Enjoy,
Pete