Re: [hylafax-users] Waiting for modem to come ready

On 9 Jan 2003 Chris  Baker wrote:

I got some 14.4 modems and 33.6 here. I would love to take them
up to 56k. How can I get them struck by lighting?

Lightning, please ! I wrote lightning. You hang them on your phone
line, without any surge protection, and hope for lightning to strike
the vicinity of your house. Then you might be lucky and one or another
is gone. You pull open a drawer (the one your wife has been complaining
about for a long time: 'rubbish'), get the next one with the lowest
speed lying around, put it back into the server, run faxaddmodem, and -
voilą - you have a modem with a higher data rate, eventually !
Except that in my case, whenever I send anything, it's getting stuck at
the end "Waiting for modem to come ready".

Uwe