[hylafax-users] list doneq in old HylaFAX version

I have an application that opens an FTP connection to HylaFAX 4.0PL1 binary
1.0 and sends a list doneq command.  The results end up in a local file
which is parsed and then deleted.  This all works fine with the ancient
version of HylaFAX but when I point my app at 4.1.5, I get a core dump
because my app is trying to delete the file but it was apparently never
created.  I spent a few minutes looking for a list of changes from version
to version of HylaFAX but didn't come up with much.  Have there been changes
in the way hfaxd handled a list command in the past and how it does in
current versions?  Do I need to start hfaxd in active mode or passive or
something?

Thanks for any info at all.

-Chris