Re: [hylafax-users] No notification message when fax arrives

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 06:16 am, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've made a new installation with Hylafax 4.1.3 (what comes with Suse
> 8.1) and now I do not get any email when a new fax receives!
>
> Does somebody know this problem?
>
> Or did I forget to configure something?
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.

You should verify your entire setup.
Here's a couple of easy checks for you.
Check to see if sendmail is installed:
  type>
	which sendmail

Check to see if your path to sendmail is correct in the configuration:
  type>
	grep SENDMAIL /var/spool/fax/etc/*
That should be the same as the reported path above.

Also, is your mailer able to get the emails to the account?:
make a small text file (test.txt) and.. (substitute the email address below)
   type>
	sendmail someuser@some.host <test.txt

If you don't get an email, you should look at your local root email account
for returned mail.

Just a few suggestions-
--
Cam Coble, A+, Network+