[hylafax-users] FW: HylaFax 4.1.5/RH8.0 + MultiTech ISI5634PCI/4

George W. Birmingham,

Here is a copy of an email I sent out last week. It gives you the lowdown
on my system. I dove into the HylaFax some time ago. I have spent a lot of
hours playing with it. I have tweaked it into inoperability a couple of
times that forced me to start from scratch again. There is a ton of
information on the net but I have not seen anything that specified what
hardware was recommended. I could be wrong. Because Linux seems to make
older systems run very fast I would say your fine with your plans. I only
went with what I have because I had the hardware sitting idle.

It was good for me because I plan to archive all fax records in and out and
the large storage capacity helps me. Because my company receives so much
fax material it was important that I have redundancy. So RAID 5 SCSI, dual
processors, triple power supplies, 4 modem lines, UPS backup is all part of
this. Do not think we have deep pockets. I purchased the server used for
$500.00 some time ago. The Red Hat 8.0 I just purchased for $149.00. So my
costs are what you see not counting the many hours learning by building and
crashing the system. I'm not a Linux expert but I have kept at it for about
2+ years which prepared me for the HylaFax project.

The various details are important like OS revisions, modem firmware,
HylaFax ttyM settings, etc. The open email forum has worked for me. I have
received much help over the email airwaves and I have posted my results for
anyone to see. I hope it helps someone in return.

Let me know where I can help...Joe