Re: [hylafax-users] Please, still HELP !!! HylaFAX on SuSE 6.4

On 6-12-2002 at 15:33 Rainer Hantsch wrote:

>Meanwhile I have tried out the hylafax rpm's which were in the
>"discontinued"
>path of the suse ftp server.
>
>Well, it still does not work. I replaced the following files:
>  libtiff.rpm
>  tiff.rpm
>  hylafax.rpm
>
>The result is:
>--------------
>o I can start now hylafax without a failure message.
>o I can do a "faxstat" and get the expected answers (Ready and idle)
>o When I do a simple
>   sendfax -m -n -d 123456 /etc/printcap
>  ... I get the message: "Cannot find out filetype" or in this manner.
>  When I do the same with an example file of GhostScript, the job is
>  queued within seconds, but sending is never started. All I get is a file
>  in the .../docq and an entry in .../sendq. Also, sendfax -s shows me the
>  job.

Do you have something like an /etc/inittab ?
is there a line like:

mo:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty modem

I'm not a suse user

>o When I try top receive a FAX, All I get is "Waiting for modem to become
>  ready", instead of "Answering". And then the whole hylafax freezes in
>  this state. All I can do is a "rchylafax stop" and then I still have to
>  kill "faxq" manually as root, because it persists in memory.
>  After that, when I di a "rchylafax start", the modem is "Running and
>Idle"
>  again.
>
>Meanwhile I read a lot about how strange SuSE 6.4 is. Do yu see any chance
>get hylafax running on this machine with only installing some particular
>rpms?

Vriendelijke groet,

Michael.

--
michael@euromarkt.nl

Noordvliet 219 *  8921 GG Leeuwarden * Nederland
Tel: +31 (0)58-2160800 * Fax: +31 (0)58-2135900
info@euromarkt.nl    www.euromarkt.nl