Re: [hylafax-users] overlapping/cut lines in fax page.

Correction:

The modem is now working fine.  The faxmail app seems to be truncating
the faxes.  I downloaded the doc.ps and viewed it with ghost view and
whola! there's the culprit.  I will check into this other probelm.
Thanks for the help.

> I received the probemodem output as requested.  It appears like the
> modem uses a Lucent/Agere chipset rather than the one that Hayes has
> historically used (Rockwell/Conexant).  This would tend to indicate
> that for Class 1 configurations, config/lucent is more applicable than
> config/rc288dpi-1 ... although honestly, it really shouldn't matter in
> Class 1 implementations.
>
> I didn't do (or, haven't done) anything with the requested data because
> more and more it is appearing to me that faxaddmodem behavior in
> matching fixed configuration files to AT-id responses is weak and
> subject to flaws.  In order for this to be perfect, there could need to
> be a config prototype for every firmware revision of every model of
> every modem out there.  And that's a tremendous impossibility, and
> HylaFAX can never keep up.
>
> faxaddmodem has the tools to generally check to see if certain
> functions are available in a particular modem without relying on
> prototype files.  I.e., checking to see if AT+FTS=n results in ERROR or
> not.  faxaddmodem could become a monstrous beast of a script, but it
> would be more versatile than the current prototyping that HylaFAX (and
> mgetty, and efax, and many Win-programs) use.
>
> So, anyway, I didn't invest any effort in trying to match probemodem
> output to config file.
>
> Lee.
>

> On 2002.12.01 18:51 Christopher Maness wrote:
>> In reference to the following post:
>>
>> Were you able to produce a new config file for the accura?  We are
>> having
>> the same difficulties with our modem.  However, I did configure it
>> with the
>> hayes config, and we are still expieriencing the fore mentioned
>> problem.
>>

>> From: Lee Howard (faxguy@howardsilvan.com)
>> Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] overlapping/cut lines in fax page.
>>

>> View this article only
>> Newsgroups: fa.hylafax
>> Date: 2002-07-26 19:14:38 PST
>>

>> On 2002.07.26 17:42 Matthew Easton wrote:
>>
>> > Thank you for your assistance.  Probing as Class 1 did not improve
>> it,
>> > however, your suggestion prompted me to try the hayes configuration
>> from
>> > the
>> > config directory.  The supplied configuration is for the optima, but
>> appears
>> > to be working for my accura.  Also, the server seems to be much more
>> responsive to the client now.
>>
>> Please send the output of probemodem, and we can update the Hayes file
>> work for the Accuras by default.
>>
>> Lee.

> /dev/null
>   *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail
> sales@hylafax.org.*

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior
spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive
with our frail and feeble mind.
                          -- Albert Einstein
Christopher G. Maness | 4243 Central Ave.       |http://www.chrismaness.com
Home: (909) 686-5010  | Riverside, CA 92506     |kq6up@kq6up.#sca.ca.us.noam
Cell: (909) 223-9179  | ------------------------|     http://www.kq6up.org
Pgr:  (800) 960-0543  |       Carpe Diem!       |    telnet://kq6up.ampr.org