Re: [hylafax-users] textfmt vs enscript

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 11:31:46PM +0200, Frank Mayer wrote:
> I live in Greece and because of that I would like hylafax to correctly make
> the conversion between greek-ascii which is 8859-7 and ps with the textfmt
> tool which is included.
> So far I had no luck with this tool in this matter.
> I did some test though with the enscript command and could successfully
> convert greek text files to ps....
> I also tried to replace the textfmt command with enscript but found aout
> that they are not option-compatible.
>
> My question is:
> Can I tell the program that calls textfmt to call enscript instead and feed
> it with the appropriate options? If Yes(which I suppose) which program calls
> it? Where do I make the change?

You certainly can.  The file you need to change is the typerules file;
where you need to change it, and what you need to change it to should
respectively a) be obvious, and b) depend on what exactly you need to
do.

The typerules file lives in your HYLAFAX/etc directory, if memory
serves me correctly (I really must get a copy installed again -- no
modem on the laptop...)

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")