[hylafax-users] IRIX OS upgrade to 6.5.18f has broken my hylafax

   Hello:

   I upgraded my SGI Indy running 6.5.17f to 6.5.18f, and immediately
   thereafter all multipage faxes balloon to ~450MB, and when I receive email
   notification, it reports just one page (though the logs show each page of
   the multipage document). When I use fax2ps, I get the first page only.

   I examined my /usr/local space, and all the hylafax files (/usr/local/bin,
   /usr/local/sbin and libtiff.so in /usr/local/lib) show times when the OS
   upgrade was performed.

   First, I tried to replace all these files with versions from another SGI
   that had not yet been upgraded to 6.5.18f, and restarted all of hylafax,
   and received a multi-page file, but same problem remained (i.e. huge files
   in recvq, and only first page).

   Then, I remade and reinstalled libtiff and zlib, as well as the current
   hylafax (4.1.5). Again, I restarted hylafax, and received a multi-page
   document, and the problem remains.

   I am using a a MultiTech MT1432 modem, which has been working nicely with
   Hylyfax since 1997.

   When I "tail -f /var/adm/SYSLOG" and also look at the file size of the
   incoming fax in /var/spool/hylafax/recvq as it is coming in, the size
   chunks around 5K after the first page, then immediately inflates wildy to
   450MB+ when the second page is received. Subsequent pages show reasonable
   size increases to the already-huge received file, though I am unable to
   get fax2ps to process any of the additional pages (only the first page is
   viable).

   I can't image what would cause this problem; I am hoping someone might be
   able to point me to where I can start to dig for the solution.....

   thanks

   harry