[hylafax-users] .doc, email and hylafax

Hi folks any suggestions on how AUTOMATICALLY transform word .doc files into ps, pdf or tiff for sending via fax ON A LINUX BOX?

Let me explain a little better...

The idea (I am sure I am not the first to do this) is to allow my users to send an email to a special email account that will automagically be picked-up converted and sent...

"ok! no problem!"... "nice and easy".... I hear... BUT what of the Word attachments... I have to assume that the user is stupid, idiotic and does not know anything about installing drivers or anything else and the user base is too large for me to go around all machine to install cypheus or whfc or whatever... hence the ideal is for the linux to convert the .doc to a .ps on-the-fly...

... "You're Nuts" microslop oops sorry Microsoft keeps changing the format... + what about all the fonts....

Any geniuses out there? Any brilliant minds with a possible solution? (and no I do not want to spend the next 20 years on this!)

The only solution I can figure at the moment is to create a "gulp" VB ActiveX "urgh" to register on an NT Box that could be called from the linux machine that would then do a Word->file->print to a file via AdobePS or smth?

Any suggestions VERY welcome!

Andy Lovell