Re: [hylafax-users] force a job-failed-state when no pages to send

Van:            	Giulio Orsero <giulioo@pobox.com>
Aan:            	hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Onderwerp:      	Re: [hylafax-users] force a job-failed-state when no pages to send
Datum verz.     	Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:03:49 +0100
Organisatie:    	nowhere

> On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:49:49 +0100, "Simon Raspe" <raspe@meteocon.nl> wrote:
>
> >Thanks, I didn't look in those archives, sorry.
> >But does this also mean that the bug is fixed in 4.1.5?
> I think it's still there.
> However, if the problem is due to bad conversion and not to network
> problems, then the bug is shared between HylaFAX and cypheus: the former
> tries to send and empty job, the latter submits and empty job.
> You could try asking cypheus author if there's an updated version that
> aborts before submitting an empty job.

To be honest I just used Cypheus to reproduce the error.
In my case I submit a large amount of jobs automatically with ftp,
and this is what's happening:

C:\tmp\HylaFAX>ftp -s:ftp.txt
ftp> open faxserver 4559
Verbonden met faxserver.intern.meteocon.nl.
220 faxserver.intern.meteocon.nl server (HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.1)
ready.
Gebruiker (faxserver.intern.meteocon.nl:(none)):
331 Password required for post.

230 User post logged in.
ftp>
ftp> bin
200 Type set to Image.
ftp> put stel.exe tmp/stel.exe
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening new data connection for tmp/stel.exe.
226 Transfer complete.
ftp: 638976 bytes verzonden in 0,80 seconden 797,72 kB/s.
ftp> QUOTE JNEW
200 New job created: jobid: 167 groupid: 167.
ftp> QUOTE JPARM FROMUSER ""
213 post
ftp> QUOTE JPARM LASTTIME 000030
213 LASTTIME set to 000030.
ftp> QUOTE JPARM SCHEDPRI 127
213 SCHEDPRI set to 127.
ftp> QUOTE JPARM DIALSTRING "420697"
213 DIALSTRING set to "420697".
ftp> QUOTE JPARM VRES 196
213 VRES set to 196.
ftp> QUOTE JPARM PAGEWIDTH 215
213 PAGEWIDTH set to 215.
ftp> QUOTE JPARM PAGELENGTH 279
213 PAGELENGTH set to 279.
ftp> QUOTE JPARM NOTIFY "done"
213 NOTIFY set to "done".
ftp> QUOTE JPARM PAGECHOP "default"
213 PAGECHOP set to "default".
ftp> QUOTE JPARM DOCUMENT tmp/stel.exe
200 Added document tmp/stel.exe as docq/stel.exe.167.
ftp> QUOTE JSUBM
200 Job 167 submitted.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.

You cannot blame the client here and I think that both Cypheus
and WHFC use these FTP commands.