Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax again

Hi Chris,

> I got your address of the Hylafax knowledge base. This is regarding the
> TIFF library question at:
>
> http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2002-08/msg00055.html
>
> I ran all three lines, but it still didn't work. The only thing different about
> my situation is that I am running Mandrake 9.0.

Hmmm.. it looks likes that this is really a libtiff problem.
It is a longer time ago since i have fixed this, so here are
some thaughts about it, they are perhaps not 100% korrekt.

Try the following:

1. Check out if you have really a libtiff.a in the path with "whereis libtiff"
    If you have something like libtiff1_25blabla there is perhaps a link
   missing. You must have libtiff.a
   On Slackware it is /usr/lib/libtiff.a.

2. Check out that you have tiffio.h in the path
    On Slackware it is /usr/include/tiffio.h

3. I have copied the simple tesprogramm from the script to a
    a single file test.c and then started it. With this i figured out that
    the error had nothing to do with libtiff.
    It looks like:

    #include <tiffio.h>
    void main (void)
   {
       printf ("\nLibtiff-Version = %s\n\n", TIFFGetVersion");
   }

   compile this with gcc and start it.

I hope this helps. Good luck,

Carsten Breuer