[hylafax-users] AW: AVM-ISDN Classic (ISA) question

Hi Raphael,

> at the moment I work with ym 56k Rockwellmodem as a fax with hylafax
> and it works fine but I think about throwing this away because then I
> could use the analog port of out telephonesystem for s. th. else and
> use a AVM Fritz Card Classic (ISA) instead. Does anyone have experience
> with that? Will it work? Will it take me long to get it running?

With a AVM Fritz PCI an the CAPI-drivers from AVM it took me roundabout 2
hours to make hylafax work with the card. And it works very stable since 2
month!
Of course there ist a line for the classic-card in the capi.conf

fcpci           -       -       -       -       -       -
#fcclassic      -       -       0x300   5       -       -

so i think, it should work fine for you!

> The other thing is that I'm thinking of using the modem or the
> ISDN-Card as a fax AND as a answering machine the same time. Would it
> be possible to use one IDSN-Card as a fax for one MSN (telephonenumber)
> and the answeringmachine with a different MSN if I would use the
> Fritzcard?

Never tried it but i have a good feeling about it ;o)

Greetz,
 Sönke