Re: [hylafax-users] reducing baud rate?

From man sendfax:

       -b speed    Transmit  facsimile  documents  using  a  sig­
                   nalling  rate  that  is  constrained  to be at
                   least speed  bits/second.   If  the  specified
                   speed  is  greater than the transmitting modem
                   or receiver is capable of, it  is  reduced  to
                   the  highest  possible speed both devices sup­
                   port.  If a negotiated signalling rate greater
                   than  or  equal  to speed cannot be negotiated
                   then the job is aborted.  Possible speeds are:
                   2400,  4800, 7200, 9600, 12000, and 14400.  By
                   default HylaFAX will use the fastest  possible
                   rate  supported  by the transmitting modem and
                   receiving facsimile device.

       -B speed    Try to transmit facsimile documents using  the
                   desired signalling rate.  Possible speeds are:
                   2400, 4800, 7200, 9600, 12000, and 14400.   If
                   the specified speed is greater than the trans­
                   mitting modem or receiver is capable of, it is
                   reduced  to  the  highest  possible speed both
                   devices support.  By default HylaFAX will  use
                   the  fastest  possible  rate  supported by the
                   transmitting  modem  and  receiving  facsimile
                   device (unless restricted by other server con­
                   figuration); this option can be used to reduce
                   the  speed.  Note that international calls are
                   frequently more  reliable  when  transmissions
                   are restricted to 9600 bits/second.

-Darren