[hylafax-users] RFe: ISDN Fax - MSN ?

> From: "Brian Ipsen" <bipsen@nerdnet.dk>
> Subject: [hylafax-users] ISDN Fax - MSN ?
> Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 12:17:33 GMT
>
> Hi!
>
> Can anyone here tell me which ISDN modems/cards that is supported by HylaFAX
>  - and is able to handle multiple subscriber numbers ?

Handling MSN is *very* dependent on your telco and your modem.  If
you're in Europe (which I'm guessing you are from your email address)
MSN should not be a problem.

The Eicon will support MSN.  I've never head of them being bankrupt;
their stuff is still available here in the US.

However - getting the Eicon to report CID (caller ID) and CNID (called
number ID) in a way that hylafax recognizes it may be a problem.  This
is very driver dependent; there are two sets of drivers, one from
melware.de and the other  from Eicon.

Search the archives on my name; I've posted extensively on this topic.

If anyone wants to donate an Eicon Diva Server PRI card (the 8 port will
do) to me I'll be happy to modify the Hylafax code to support MSN, but
until I get one I'm guessing.

--Yan

--
Future fighter pilots:
Me: Akari, WHAT are you DOING?

spam killer code kpwq1jkcsEzdx39gnkVvgycd15ayqq