Re: [hylafax-users] DID once again

Lee:

I am doing exactly as you say (and, glad to say, I figured it out on my
own - I guess great minds think alike ;-).

I hacked faxgetty rather crudely to write the CID and DNIS info into the
log files.

I also posted later about a couple of the other things that have to be
done.  I don't mind testing from cvs at this point.  I may have to have
drop-dead reliable faxing in a few weeks if a big deal I am working on
comes together, but until then, I can always switch everyone over to the
manual fax.

Let me know what I need to be doing.  I'm happy to work with you.  Keep
in mind that my knowledge of c++ is miniscule to non-existent.

I've also found that there are actually three numbers that bear
watching:

the number the calling fax identifies itself as, CID, and DNIS.  The
faxrcvd script should be able to intelligently handle those, and
refax/print/email (in specified format, ps/pdf/tiff as a
minimum)/ftp/etc based on those numbers and according to some file.

I started work on a faxroute.conf that tells faxrcvd how to dispose of a
fax; basically it now has three columns: DNIS, email, printer.  Very
limited, but all I need at this point.  It really needs to expand to
handle all of the above, as well as include support for custom handling
in a "pluggable" manner.

--Yan