Re: [hylafax-users] DID once again

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 10:31:06AM -0500, Yan Seiner wrote:
> I've hacked up faxgetty to stuff the CIDName and CIDnumber into the log
> files.  It's ugly, I think it blows up if CID ever fails, but it works
> for me ;-)
>
> I set up the tty*config to report CID into CIDNumber and DNIS into CIDName.

Ah.  Ok.  Post the patch?  Or better yet, hang it on bugzilla?

> I did get the digi datafire RAS to work - it's an SMP/APIC issue.
> Basically, you have to run kernel nosmp noapic to get the driver to work.
> The board works fine for the moment.

No shit?  Cool!

> I also hacked up faxrcvd to forward faxes based on DNIS.  As soon as I
> get this stuff stable, there are 2 improvements that need to be made:
> fax disposal per user (some want email, some printing) and different TSI
> strings based on DNIS.  That last will be a tough one, and it will
> need someone who knows c++ (i.e. not me).

The TSI string is generated by the remote, isn't it?  Or are you
talking about generating different *outbound* TSI strings by sender?

I think you're right; the latter will require code; I don't *think* you
can specify that as a parameter to sendfax.

> For now, I am stuck fixing ghostscript - for unknown reasons it does not
> work on my hylafax server.  Just sits there consuming 99.9% CPU for
> minutes for the simplest job.....

Eek.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")