From: Ulrich.Eckhardt@transcom.de [mailto:Ulrich.Eckhardt@transcom.de]
Sent: 20 November 2001 12:02
To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] whfc and winxp: windows not in foreground

Giulio Orsero wrote:

> Tried whcf 1.0.8 on winxp-pro.
> All is working fine, but when I print to the whfc printer, the whfc windows
> opens under the current windows so it seems nothing happens, while if you
> minimize the current window you see the whfc window asking faxno.
>
> Never used whfc on nt/2k, just on win9x, and on win9x the whfc windows would
> open in the foreground.
>
> Is this a problem with nt/2k/xp?

Hi,

i have not tested whfc on xp (and because of the need to "activate"
xp i will never test it on xp). But i saw the same behaviour on
an unpatched Windows 2000. Servicepack 1 solved this problem. So
maybe you need to wait untill Microsoft releases SP1 for XP.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom
http://www.uli-eckhardt.de              http://www.transcom.de