[hylafax-users] Group 3 and T.30

I have a multitech modem.  It does not work at all with my phone system
(an NBX-100 from 3com.) 3com says it supports Group 3 faxes; the
multitech docs mention Group 3 in passing with T.30 recommentdations and
procedures.

Does anyone know what exactly Group 3 is and if modern fax modems are
Group 3?  My understanding is that they are; I have a hard time
convincing 3com since they "support Group 3 faxes, but do not support
modems"....

--Yan