Re: [hylafax-users] was a problem with squashed pages. now, no pages going at all

At 10:02 PM 11/10/01 +0200, Burgess Patterson wrote:
>Hi All
>
>Using: SuSE 7.1, USR 56K External (dunno exact model but a good 2-3
>years old now) and Hylafax version that came with SuSE (pretty recent I
>should think)

Last time I checked they were still using a patched beta.  You can check by
'rpm -q hylafax'

>I've searched the net for help and am not getting very far. Problem was
>that faxes were being sent thru Hylafax and being received as a squashed
>mess. However, one or two times, the pages came out OK. I was faxing
>from Word 2000 via WHFC. Have done faxaddmodem countless time from 2.0,
>to 1 and back and forth, tried other people config files - and same
>problem.

Don't even bother with Class 2.0.  Stick with Class 1.

It's most likely a flow control issue.  Ensure that your config file uses
xonxoff.

Lee.