Re: [hylafax-users] Modem lights

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 01:20:54PM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> At 01:01 PM 11/9/01 -0700, drewdesign wrote:
> >   I've got a Practical Peripherals 14.4 External  modem and a
> >hypersensitive boss. The CD led seems to stay on when the modem is not  in
> >use. He is worried about hackers. What does this light mean? Should it be
> >on all the  time? Also sometimes the OH light is on. Where can I get a list
> >of what the led lights  mean? These are my leds:         AA Practicl
> >Peripherals is out of business and there  is no site. Thanks -Andrew
>
> HTML Mail = Evil

Indeed... but it wasn't HTML when it got to me...

> CD = carrier detect (waiting for a ring)
> OH = on hook

"Off" hook.  If there's a CD light, the modem thinks it's connected to
someone.  If you have CD and NO OH, your modem's fried.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")