Re: [hylafax-users] Error: Can't Change Directories

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>> The permissions were set by HylaFAX itself using
>> "make install."
>
>Weird.  Did you in fact manually inspect them anyway?

The problem has been solved.

HylaFAX-4.1 was installed in a directory named /mnt/misc/hylafax

The permissions for all files within /hylafax were correct, but I
discovered that I had to change the permissions on all
directories *above* the /hylafax directory.

After setting /mnt/misc and /mnt to 0777, the server was able to
start properly.

Why this error did not happen previously is still a mystery, but
as long as my present setup functions normally I really do not
care.

Once again, I appreciate your interest.

Larry Piet