Re: [hylafax-users] Error: Can't Change Directories

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 11:21:36AM -0500, lapiet@home.com wrote:
> > Is it possible for you to temporarily rollback to an older kernel and
> > see if it goes away (hint: it should be :-)?
>
> Well, I just installed linux-2.4.9 and also recompiled HylaFAX-4.1
> under this kernel.  The same strange problem occurs.

Did your compiled code *previously* work under 2.4.9?

> If it helps, the error message from faxqclean is:
>
> hylafax/spool: Can not change directory: Permission denied.
>
> The permissions were set by HylaFAX itself using "make install."

Weird.  Did you in fact manually inspect them anyway?

> But anyway, I am going to use the Mandrake Cooker version
> of HylaFAX.  After installing their latest RPM, this strange
> problem does *not* occur.
>
> I would, however, prefer to compile my own stuff.

I understand entirely.  Is their package 4.1.0?

Cheers,
- jra

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")