Re: [hylafax-users] some questions

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:22:48 -0500 , you wrote:

>This is the same basic question that I asked yesterday.  My Db is Oracle on
>an HP-9000 machine.  I also have a reporting application the creates a file.
>The "format" of the file can be postscript, pdf, or whatever with print
>control characters.  Normally the application just lp's this file to the
>printer the user chooses.  Installing a hylafax client on my Db server was
>the only suggestion...

because it's the best, that way you can even query the job status and
put it into the db.

Alternatives:
1) share a dir on HylaFAX server; send a file into that dir, make a
script that periodically checks that dir for files and send fax.

2) Implement the ftp-like HylaFAX network protocol in your app.

--
giulioo@pobox.com