[hylafax-users] Error: Can't Change Directories

A strange problem has suddenly emerged in my HylaFAX-4.1
set up.

Whenever I attempt to start the server, I get the following
error messages:

FaxQueuer[1713]: .../hylafax/spool: Can not change directory
HylaFAX[1714]: Can not change directory to .../hylafax/spool
FaxGetty[1715]: .../hylafax/spool: Can not change directory

Using the same procedure, I was always able to start HylaFAX.
Just recently, the process fails with the above messages.

I recompiled HylaFAX from source and re-installed the package,
but the same errors occur.

The only change to my system has been newer Linux kernels. I now
have Linux 2.4.14.

The same problem has already been reported on 29 August 2001 by
Jay Ungab: can't change directories.

Larry Piet
Detroit, Michigan
USA