Re: [hylafax-users] receiving faxes

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Pascal Van Puymbroeck wrote:

> I'm currently trying to set up a faxserver (which happens to be the
> firewall at the same time).

I dont know about the specifics of your problem, but running a fax server
and firewall on the same box strikes me as a *really* bad idea.  The
philosophy on firewalls is to strip down the system as much as possible,
disable unneeded services, remove unecessary packages etc.  As an example,
is syslog running on your firewall?    I think you would be much better
off digging out an old PC and running the faxserver on a separate
box.

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road