[hylafax-users] Waiting for Modem to come ready

Hi all,

I have read the mails with the some subject
from Matthias Apitz 1996/1997, but they coulnd help me.

I have a Elsa Microlink Fun modem connected and is doesnt work.
$> faxstat
Hylafax is running
$>
After editing the config file I get this
$> faxstat
Hylafax is running
Modem ttyS1: waiting for modem to come ready
$>

So I deciced to get a modem which is supported, a Diamond
SupraExpress ...
configure all new (detected as a Rockwell modem, is ok)
$> faxstat
Hylafax is running
Modem ttyS1: waiting for modem to come ready
$>

servertracing is set to 0xfff
but I coulnd see any attempt to reach the modem
a incoming faxcall is completly ignored
I'm confused, I fear Hylafax never realy try's to connect to the
modem
hfaxd is running as user uucp, faxgetty of course too
$> ls -l /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw-rw- uucp uucp

$> cu -l /dev/ttyS1
Connected.

Can anybody tell me where is my mistake?
Have anyboby a nice idea to try out?

Thanks,
and sorry for this long mail

Sven