Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX performance vs regular fax machine.

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 08:48:42PM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
> Test a blank white page on both systems.  Then, if you dare, test a
> completely black page on both.  Then compare.  The best way to be fair
> about this is to produce the image on the HylaFAX system and then print it
> out for your manual fax.

Note that a completely black page shouldn't take any longer to *send*
than a completely white one, unless the reception gets flow controller
by the output device: RLE is like that.

Worst case is a page of alternating black and white pixels, which is
difficult to generate with a physical fax machine.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "Usenet (and fanfic): it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me