Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX performance vs regular fax machine.

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Lee Howard wrote:

> 38794 bytes in 20.10 seconds.  That's 15 Kbps, so it's right on par with
> what it should be doing.  Looking further at the log, you don't seem to be
> consuming a significantly large amount of time during training or between
> pages, either...
>
> So... are you *sure* that you're sending the exact same image on HylaFAX as
> you are with the fax machine?  Less black on the page means less data which
> means less total time to fax.
>
> Test a blank white page on both systems.  Then, if you dare, test a
> completely black page on both.  Then compare.  The best way to be fair
> about this is to produce the image on the HylaFAX system and then print it
> out for your manual fax.

What Ive been doing is taking the output from the target FAX machine sent
by HylaFAX and sending that from another FAX in the building.

Im also going to try another modem that we have sitting around (A cheap
USR Courier) to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road