Re: [hylafax-users] HELP 220 linux1 HylaFAX server shut down; available only for admin use.

At 03:21 PM 9/6/01 +0200, SCHNEILA@eps.e-i.com wrote:
>Hello,
>I use hylafax 4.1beta3-1 on linux redhat 7.1.
>I did a telnet localhost 4559, REIN, SHUT NOW.
>I restart my linux box, since then I see :
>220 linux1 HylaFAX server shut down; available only for admin use.
>And faxstat alway says :Service not available, remote server closed
connection.
>How can I return to a normal state ?

You asked this question exactly three months ago.  Got some type of cron
job running?

Remove the file /var/spool/fax/etc/shutdown

Although, I don't think that HylaFAX is behaving the way that it should in
this regard.  From what I can tell, it should accept USER, PASS, ADMIN from
an administrative user and then allow REIN to awaken the server.  But this
is what happens:

[root@hyrum hylafax]# telnet localhost 4559
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 hyrum.deanox.com HylaFAX server shut down; available only for admin use.
user my_admin_user
331 Password required for my_admin_user.
pass my_admin_password
230-<unspecified reason>
230-
Connection closed by foreign host.