Re: [hylafax-users] faxing thru staroffice

Adrian D'Costa [hylafax-users] <04/09/01 15:29 +0530>:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first post and don't know whether this question has been asked
> time and again.  Here goes.  I want to send a fax from staroffice using
> hylafax, how do I set it up.
>
> Second, how do I receive faxes automatically.

I'm adventurously guessing: perhaps you mean how to set staroffice to
send/receive faxes via hylafax on a standalone box, don't you?

If this is the case I'll briefly explain what I did on my laptop for
the same purpose.

First of all I installed the hylafax server and checked (on the
console) that all was working correctly in sending and receiving faxes.

Then, under staroffice I started the printer setup (unfortunately my
program is in Italian and the exact translation in English doesn't
sound correct to me in English!) and chose a postscript printer:
"apple laserwriter 16/600 PS fax" linking it to "fax_queue=(FAX).

With the hylafax server up and running, using whatever staroffice
program you need (starwriter, starcalc, etc.) you just "print" the
document to the postscript printer. Staroffice presents you with a box
asking for the fax number and a "command" (??)  button in which you
should write once and for all "sendfax -n -d (PHONE) (TMP)".

That's all for sending faxes.

To deal with received fax I use tkhylafax and viewfax to see them.

Ciao
Vittorio