Re: [hylafax-users] Routing Incoming Faxes

Lee:

Here's a copy of email I sent to someone with the same question:

============
Purely in theory, this should work.  I have an ISDN PRI coming in.  I'll
be using two lines for faxes.  These will be split off into ISDN BRI
using an Adtran Atlas 550.  I will be using an Digi Datafire RAS b4u to
answer the faxes.

The digi board reports the caller ID and the called number id.  I will
then have to modify the various notify scripts to route the faxes.

My system will be complicated some more in that some recipients want
faxes printed on attached win systems, while others will want them
emailed.

In theory, again, it all looks good.  I'll post a how-to when I have it
running mid-October.
============

AFAIK, the only way to get this to work is with ISDN.

***DISCLAIMER***
This is for US phone systems.  YMMV as you're in UK.

Apparently, there are some analog solutions out there using DID, but
you'll have to get with your telco and figure out what they can
provide.  I think the digi Acceleport RAS boards will work with analog
called number ID, but it's not standard (at least not in the US.)  Also,
digi makes some very cool ISDN boards that are alas not available in the
US that may do what you need - digi octo, etc.

You may want to search the archives; I remember in passing that someone
mentioned OCR.  You'd have to set up a two-tiered approach - where to
route the fax if OCR failed.

--Yan