[hylafax-users] One server, multiple modem pools?

Hi all,

I've been assigned the task by my employer to setup a faxing server that can send faxes from both Windows and UNIX. I've gone with hylafax and all has been going beautifully until now!

What we want to do is have only the one hylafax server in Melbourne and modem pools in Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle. We have a frame relay network that links all three locations, and we have Stallion TermServers at each location. I am using the svr_tty daemon supplied by Stallion Technologies to communicate with the modems using pseudo tty devices, and this works fine. I can communicate with a modem here in Adelaide from the Melbourne server like the modem is connected to the modem server.

So when a fax is destined for a Melbourne number, we would like it to use the Melbourne modem pool. When a fax is destined for an Adelaide number, we would like it to use the Adelaide modem pool, and ditto for Freo. These faxes will be generated by the system, so we could in theory explicitly say "send this fax to the freo modem pool".

If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, please let me know as I am stuck! :) I don't know if we have to run multiple faxq services on the one server or do it some other way. If anyone has had experience with a system setup like this before, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks

Adam Fox.

Attention:

The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Gribbles Group.

Thank You.

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal