Re: [hylafax-users] Linux & "ELSA MicroLink ISDN PCI" for faxing and Net access?

Hi

At 11:45 28.08.2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I am considering the use of the "ELSA MicroLink ISDN PCI" (product info:
>http://www.elsa.com/international/europe/produkte/isdn/ml_isdn_pci.htm)
>with the following scheme: dual channel ISDN service with fax service (s/w:
>HylaFAX v4.1) on 1 B channel and Internet access on the other B channel
>(s/w: isdn4Linux).  This will run in a Linux (RedHat v7.1 w/ current
>kernel) box.

Forget about that.

The Elsa card is a pure passive ISDN card (Hisax). So there is no analog
support (on Windows they use RVS-COM for the analog part).

The only two passive cards for which I know to support faxing are the AVM
Fritz! and the Sedlbauer Speed-Fax (semi-passiv). For the AVM card you will
need to get AVMīs special drivers (there is no source). The Sedlbauer card
can only fax on one B channel at a time - for the AVM I donīt know (I think
both).

If you want to avoid trouble get a cheap ISDN card for Internet access and
a good analog modem for faxing. If you have some money get a active ISDN
card (e.g. Eicon DIVA Server). If you have time and passion try one of the
above cards.

Sascha

Sascha Knific           K Systems & Design
knific@k-sysdes.net     Wittelsbacherstr. 6a
Tel. +49-8151-773260    82319 Starnberg, Germany
Fax. +49-8151-773262    http://www.k-sysdes.net