Re: [hylafax-users] called-number ID

OOPS!  I should learn...

I am in the US.  Right now, I am using a single analog line, but I'm
negotiationg with my telco about getting an ISDN PRI line, so I can
accomodate 15 voice, 6 data, and 2 fax lines.

The 2 fax lines are the sticking point.  I am talking with Adtran, which
makes a CSU/DSU that can take an ISDN PRI and split out 4 ISDN/BRI
pairs.  I want to send a block of phone numbers to one pair of ISDN/BRI
lines and attach a Digi ISDN fax board.  Digi tells me that they support
called-number ID (MSN); the telco (which supplies the Adtran) says that
that is impossible, cannot be done, etc.  1/2 the tech support people at
Adtran say it's easy, the other half say it cannot be done.

The whole purpose is to have, say, 20 phone incoming numbers routed to
the fax, have the fax distinguish which number was dialed, and email the
fax to that recipient.

It sounds simple, it's done a lot, but I have one of the worst phone
companies around, and they don't seem to understand this concept at all.

--Yan