Re: [hylafax-users] called-number ID

Yan,

> [...]
> AFAIK, ISDN/BRI should report the number that was dialed to reach the
> modem.  My telco is telling me that they don't do that, that they never
> heard of anything like that, and that I need to use an analog modem with
> caller-id.

Where are you located? Which country?

What kind of "modem" are you using - if your fax server is connected
via ISDN, you should have either a terminal adapter, a ISDN card or
you are using an analog modem behind an analog adapter?

ISDN can indeed supply the called id but you can normally distinguish
called numbers by MSN. However, this can vary a log between
countries...

Moritz