[hylafax-users] Re Caller ID No's

Hi,

I have consulted with our phone tech who has had a lot of overseas experience.

He would be suprised if the ISDN BRI circuit could not supply the info you require.

However the session log files in HylaFAX contain the handshaking with the fax that is sending to your system and if all is ok the senders number will be recorded in the session log.

I currently extract the caller number from these logs for purposes of reporting.

HTH

Warren

___original message___

OK, I'm getting really frustrated with my telco and I hope someone can
help me out.

AFAIK, ISDN/BRI should report the number that was dialed to reach the
modem.  My telco is telling me that they don't do that, that they never
heard of anything like that, and that I need to use an analog modem with
caller-id.  What they're after is a modem that can recognize FSK (a
signal that comes between the first and second rings and provides
caller-id and dialed-number id).

Does anyone know of an analog fax modem that is supported by hylafax
that provides resognition of FSK and/or caller-id?

Thanks,

--Yan

Warren Wagener
(Senior Computer Technician)
B&M For Everything Electrical
Warren@bandm.co.nz
Tel +64 6 356 4912
Fax +64 6 356 9273
www.bandm.co.nz

This email and any files sent with it are confidential and intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.

If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender.

This footnote also confirms that all e-mail messages and attachments sent to
or by the B&M Group are scanned for viruses for your safety by Mailscan..

www.mailscan.deerfield.com