Re: [hylafax-users] where does my fax get stuck/lost ??

Am 2001.08.22 13:30 schrieb(en) spiekey:
> Hello!
> to send a fax via sambafax is working absolutly fine. My config files
> look exactly like the ones on. http://www.purpel3.com/sambafax/
>
> When i wanna fax it via sambafax i can see, due to TOP, that smbd is
> working, caus eitīs on 1.1% after a few secs it goes down to 0% again,
> which must mean that samba get the fax.
> But it wonīt forward it. Is this line responsible for the forward (in
> /smb.conf)?:
> path = /var/spool/lpd/lp
>
> after that it get īs to the printer (etc/printcap)
> :if=/var/spool/fax/bin/sambafax

The way is: samba --> printspooler --> hylafax
The entry 'path=/var/spool/lpd/lp' in the smb.conf describes only where the
spooler should 'work on' the print files which are sent from the client
machine. The entry ':if=/var/spool/fax/bin/sambafax' in the printcap means
that the print output is taken by 'sambafax' and then is 'sent' to HylaFAX.

> well, i canīt get further than smbd, i donßīt know where my fax gets
> stuck.
> the debug modus of sambafax wonīt give me infos at all, and in mail/root
> and  /log/messages is everything fine!
>
> Can someone help me or give me a hint?
>
> Spiekey ;)

Do you have defined a fax printer which can be seen via 'lpq -a'? Can it be
accessed from WInX? BTW, what print spooler do you use? LPD or CUPS?

Stephan

--
Stephan André Schmidt
stephanandre.schmidt@uni-bielefeld.de