[hylafax-users] Re Latest Hylafax

First, I deinstalled the old 4.1-b2_2
and verified it's removal. I even removed
/var/spool/fax (I had nothing important there
I wanted to keep).
I downloaded latest 4.1 tarball and installed it.
# cksum /usr/ports/distfiles/hylafax/hylafax-4.1.tar.gz
593620227 1243832 /usr/ports/distfiles/hylafax/hylafax-4.1.tar.gz
# md5 /usr/ports/distfiles/hylafax/hylafax-4.1.tar.gz
MD5 (/usr/ports/distfiles/hylafax/hylafax-4.1.tar.gz) =
d8a60dcddb4bcfd67c494aee89d036e7

Now upon running faxaddmodem, I get:

# faxaddmodem

FATAL ERROR: /var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.cache is missing!

The file /var/spool/hylafax/etc/setup.cache is not present.  This
probably means the machine has not been setup using the faxsetup(8C)
command.  Read the documentation on setting up HylaFAX before you
startup a server system.

I looked in the dir /var/spool/hylafax/etc and also found
setup.modem missing.

Cheers,

Joe

****
Try running faxsetup before faxaddmodem.

Cheers
Warren
This email and any files sent with it are confidential and intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.

If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender.

This footnote also confirms that all e-mail messages and attachments sent to
or by the B&M Group are scanned for viruses for your safety by Mailscan..

www.mailscan.deerfield.com