Re: [hylafax-users] Modem faxCAPI (): No status (cannotopenfile)

Lee Howard wrote:

> At 01:30 AM 8/17/01 +0200, Martin Samesch wrote:
> >Lee Howard wrote:
> >>
> >> [...]
> >> How about, "Upgrade"? :-)
> >
> >Do you mean a hard- or software upgrade? Is this a known problem with
> >4.1beta2, that's solved in 4.1? I think, I'll give it a try although I'd
> >prefer to use a debian package, which isn't available, yet.
>
> Well, if it doesn't fix this particular problem for you, you ought to
> upgrade to 4.1 anyway for the other things that it does fix.  You could
> always build the package yourself, you know...

....I know and I was just starting (trying, as I've never done it before
;-) to build an upgrade of this package, but....

....ooops, I'm already running 4.1. I installed this version from
"unstable", but checked the version number from "testing", which is
still beta2.

So this upgrade obviously didn't solve the problem. Probably it's caused
by a misconfiration and my hope was, that somebody had the same problem
and knows how to solve it.

> Pavel wrote not too long ago stating that he "always had the latest
> release" available somewhere... you may want to check again.  4.1 has been
> out a while, and he knows about it.

Yes, he does....

Martin